Thursday, April 26, 2012

Listener

So I'm going to a listener concert tomorrow and I'm pretty sure its going to be amazing! If you haven't heard of listener they are a band that is kind of hard to explain, but ill try. The band Listener is composed of two members, Dan Smith and Christin Nelson, nelson as composer and Smith as lyricist/vocalist. The band was started in Fayetteville,  Arkansas and is described as a sound that features heavy vocals and is neither screamed, sang, or just spoken. Dan Smith is an amazing poet! Most of the reason I'm so excited to see Listener is because of Dan Smith's poetry. Dan Smith has inspired me to write my own stuff and has made me think a lot about life, emotions, reactions, etc. Christin Nelson is rather fantastic himself, his music is really soulful and heartwarming. Saturday i will post some pictures from the concert and ill add a link to one of their songs in this post.Building Better Bridges-Listener

No comments:

Post a Comment